Since the company was founded in 1979, KemperSports and KemperSports' managed properties have received national acclaim for nearly every aspect of facility management ranging from golf course quality to community impact; from environmental stewardship to customer service.
Our portfolio of recognition and achievements is diverse. Each year, many of KemperSports' municipally managed facilities are recognized for being the best in the country, while some of our premium daily-fee facilities are considered among the top you can play. Perhaps most noteworthy in today's climate is the peer acknowledgement as the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 Club Managment Firm of the Year and for the recognition we have received for consistently operating our facilities in an environmentally sound manner.
KemperSports' success and recognition across the industry is the result of superior leadership and an innovative approach to management that embraces a hands-on, client-centric approach while empowering all staff members. As a result, KemperSports' CEO, Steve Skinner, and President, Josh Lesnik, are both consistently included in Golf Inc. Magazine's list of "Most Powerful People in Golf".
In addition to the multitude of accolades that our company has received over the years, KemperSports has also garnered significant accolades for hosting, managing and marketing collegiate, professional and national amateur golf tournaments for over 40 years. We recently hosted several Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid at Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor, MI, and the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay in Tacoma, WA.
KemperSports manages more top-100 golf courses than any other golf management company in the industry. Some of the awards KemperSports-managed properties received in 2016 include:
- No. 2 – Pacific Dunes – Bandon, OR
- No. 8 – Bandon Dunes – Bandon, OR
- No. 10 – Streamsong Red – Streamsong, FL
- No. 11 – Old Macdonald – Bandon, OR
- No. 12 – Bandon Trails – Bandon, OR
- No. 14 – Streamsong Blue – Streamsong, FL
- No. 17 – Chambers Bay – University Place, WA
- No. 90 – The Glen Club – Glenview, IL
- Florida - Streamsong Resort (Streamsong, FL)
- Midwest - Big Cedar Lodge (Ridgedale, M), Sand Valley Golf Resort (Nekoosa, Wisc.)
- Pacific Northwest - Bandon Dunes Golf Resort (Bandon, Ore.)
- California: No. 22 Desert Willow (Firecliff)
- Florida: No. 2 Streamsong Red – No. 3 Streamsong Blue
- Illinois: No. 2 The Glen Club – No. 7 Cantigny – No. 13 Harborside International (Starboard)
- Kansas: No. 3 Sand Creek Station
- Maryland: No. 3 Whiskey Creek
- Michigan: No. 13 Harbor Shores
- Minnesota: No. 2 The Wilderness at Fortune Bay
- New Jersey: No. 15 Heron Glen
- Oregon: No. 1 Pacific Dunes – No. 2 Bandon Dunes – No. 3 Old Macdonald – No. 4 Bandon Trails
- Texas: No. 9 Butterfield Trail
- Washington: No. 1 Chambers Bay